Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Liebster Award! What! What!

Well folks, great news! The Gemini Teacher has nominated little ol' me for my first award! How cool is that? It's called the Liebster Award! I think it's a great little way to introduce myself to other newbies and share other newbies!
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster?  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.

Liebster Award Rules:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated you (check)
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers (working on that)
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator (check)
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself (check)
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees (check)
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them (work in progress)

..................................................................................................................................................................
So here are my questions posed by Denay! :)
1. Favorite subject or topic to teach?
I love love love teaching math. I was the world's WORST math student, but now I think I enjoy teaching it because I know how hard it can be for those kids that just don't get it on the first try!

2. What are two things in which you would say you are skilled?
Photography & Emergency escapes!

3. What is a weird habit you have?
I enjoy speaking "Whale"... LOL! Hello Finding Nemo!

4. What is the most adventurous thing you have done?
Pursued my private pilot's license? Sky diving? Eloping in Vegas? I'm all about adventures!

5. Who is your longest friend and why?
Rebekah Wolfe. . . We're both crazy and know how to keep good secrets.

6. Do you have any "catch phrases" that you always say?
"True Story" 

7. What do you consider a challenge as a blogger?
Writing daily ... or even frequently! I have two babies, a dog, a husband, a job... where in the world do people find the time to blog daily? 

8. What are 3 adjectives you'd use to describe yourself?
Creative. Loving (sorta). Sassy!

9. Best piece of advice given and/or received?
"Be yourself."

10. What do you remember from your very first day as a teacher?
I was so nervous I had sweaty pits... LOL Hey, I'm all about honesty! I was nervous, constantly checking my handwritten schedule, scared to death I would forget to take the kids to lunch... oh boy. That was fun!

11. Do you have a bucket list? One thing on it?
I want to enter (and win) a watermelon eating contest!

.................................................................................................................................................................
Eleven Random Facts About Me
  • I love sushi. I wish I could eat it daily.
  • I'm scared to death I'm going to be a terrible K teacher next year. Like I have nightmares - scared. 
  • I have a fish (that was given as a party favor) called Senior Fiesta Pants
  • I love love love having my hair brushed. 
  • I wish I knew how to sharpen a knife. 
  • I would love to become a professional photographer after learning to better my skills
  • I really like getting greeting cards.
  • I'm not really sure how life existed before Pinterest
  • I hate coffee.
  • I do not like to drive as a passenger, with anyone. ever.
  • I think my kids are cuter than anyone else's. yep, i said it. :p
.................................................................................................................................................................

Nominees

.........




3 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley! I, too, am a new blogger and I happened upon yours. Perhaps it's listed somewhere and just did not see it...what grade level do you teach? I'm your newest follower!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley

    I am one of your partners for the SLANT Box Exchange and your newest follower! I emailed you!!

    Renee
    The Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ashley ! I tried emailing you a couple of times.....I need your address and some ideas for the SLANT box exchange!!

    Email me!

    Renee @ Reneesaintlaurent@hotmail.com

    Hope to hear from you soon !

    ReplyDelete